Weston, Mass. - Sophomore Terry Dawkins日本一本道a不卡免费 (Bronx, N.Y.) of the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team registered his first collegiate double-double behind 20 points and 15 rebounds in the Falcons' thrilling 80-75 overtime win over Regis (Mass.) College Tuesday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action at Higgins Court.
Final (OT): No. 21 Albertus Magnus 80 | Regis (Mass.) 75
Records: Albertus Magnus (13-2, 2-0 GNAC) | Regis (6-10, 2-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus built a 6-2 lead in the first four minutes of play, but the Pride played catch-up over the next four to level the playing field at 9-all. A layup from Marquan Watson (Waterbury, Conn.) broke the tie and sparked a Falcons' scoring run that put the visitors ahead by 10, 26-16.
From there, Albertus maintained the margin and held onto a 14-point cushion, 30-16, when Jahmerikah Green-Younger日本一本道a不卡免费 (Nowalk, Conn.) put away his first basket of the night with just under five minutes remaining in the first.
日本一本道a不卡免费A minute later, Cam Wilkins got things going for Regis with a made jumper that ignited a 13-2 Pride run that made it a one-point game, 32-31, in favor of the Falcons, at the half.
日本一本道a不卡免费Juvens Dalger started the second half with a deep three to give the hosts a two-point edge, 34-32, 13 seconds in. Over the next two minutes, Albertus and Regis traded leads until back-to-back baskets from the hosts extended its advantage to four, 39-35.
A jumper from Keithantonio Davis日本一本道a不卡免费 (Vorhees, N.J.) at the 14:37 mark evened the game once more, 43-43, but the Pride would answer back with a 12-5 run to take a 55-48 lead with 7:27 left on the clock.
The Falcons slowly began to pull ahead thanks to a 12-3 scoring run over the next four minutes, but Regis responded with seven straight points to jump back on top, 67-62, with 58 seconds remaining.
Shortly after, Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Nowalk, Conn.) hit a jumper and then two free throws, and Dawkins followed with a layup with four seconds remaining in regulation to tie the game at 68-68, forcing overtime.
Senior Damian Grant日本一本道a不卡免费 (Waterbury, Conn.) kicked off overtime with a layup, but Marc Trinidad would convert a traditional three-point play to put the Pride on top, 72-71. Soon after, Grant made one of two free throws to tie the game, 72-72, before Green-Younger hit a jumper to give the Falcons a 74-72 advantage with 2:13 left in the period.
With 47 seconds remaining, Green-Younger put the Falcons ahead for good, 76-75, following a made jumper.
- Albertus - 38.8% FG | 18.8% 3PT | 75% FT
- Regis (Mass.) - 37% FG | 25% 3PT | 53.6% FT
- This game saw 24 ties and 28 lead changes.
- Terry Dawkins - 20 points (8-15 FG, 4-6 FT) | 15 Rebounds | 2 Assists | 2 Steals
- Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) - 14 points (5-9 FG, 2-10 3PT) | 4 Rebounds | 1 Assist | 3 Steals
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger - 14 points (5-9 FG, 0-1 3PT, 4-4 FT) | 5 rebounds | 1 Assist | 2 steals
- Devante Thompson - 23 points (8-21 FG, 2-8 3PT, 5-7 FT) | 6 Rebounds | 2 Assists | 2 Steals
- Juvens Dalger - 13 points (5-10 FG, 3-7 3PT) | 5 Rebounds | 1 Assist | 2 Steals | 1 Block
- Marc Trinidad - 16 points (5-13FG, 6-9 FT) | 12 Rebounds | 2 Assists | 2 Steals | 3 Blocks
- Albertus: Terry Dawkins (20 points, 15 rebounds)
- Regis (Mass.): Marc Trinidad (16 points, 12 rebounds)
- This is the fourth meeting all-time between the two teams.
- Following tonight's win, the Falcons are now 4-0 all-time against the Pride.
- Albertus is now 4-1 on the road this season and 1-0 in overtime.
- Albertus finished 4-for-4 from the free throw line in the last 16 seconds.
- Albertus recorded a new season-high in rebounds with 61 behind 28 offensive and 33 defensive rebounds, respectively.
- Dawkins led the Falcons in both offensive and defensive rebounds.
- Justice Washington (hamden, Conn.), Grant and Watson each recorded a block in the Falcons' win.
- Qualon Wilkes (Bridgeport, Conn.) was three-points and a rebound shy of recording his first collegiate double-double.
- Wilkes finished with seven points, nine rebounds, two steals and an assist.
- Green-Younger is now 61 points shy of scoring his 1,000th career point.
日本一本道a不卡免费 The men's basketball team continues GNAC play with a home clash against conference rival Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Saturday January 25th at 3 PM.